Thursday, July 14, 2011

Is it such a good idea for me to try out for a DCI group?

I'm a woodwind player, well, actually i play the flute but I really want to play trumpet and try out for Crossmen or Pioneer or even a division II corps but I don't even know how to play a brass instrument. I don't own the instrument but i've been using a friend's. I want to play a trumpet and try out on that but I know like 5 notes and my sound quality is terrible. I'm willing to put in the time and effort to improve my sound and everything. I want to try out in about a year which would be my junior year. I really want it and I heard if you want something really bad you'll end up getting it. I'm unsure and I'm nervous if I would be able to even make a corps. If you think I could what corps do you think I should try out for? I'm really selling myself short but I need someone else's opinion. Please help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment